It’s been a few months now since I’ve been taking this blogging thing seriously, so I thought I’d put together a few of the things that I’ve learnt so far, especially as the end of the year approaches and the festive season is upon us.
- It’s fun. My previous blogging experiences have always felt like a bit of a chore. This time round, it seems fun and enjoyable – and I’m posting about whatever I want to, and enjoying it.
- It’s important to write about what you want to write about. This makes it enjoyable and something you actually want to do!
- Finding a “niche” is harder than I thought. I thought I knew what I wanted to write about, but it’s turned out slightly differently and it’s hard to connect with other people doing the same.
- Things take time to develop, work out. Don’t rush it.
- Things don’t have to be perfect right away.
- The best posts are sometimes the ones you didn’t mean to write at all.
- It’s never going to turn out exactly how you thought it might… but it can be one of the best things!
I hope everyone has a wonderfully festive Christmas – a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!